[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 110: Undefined array key "cached"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 111: Undefined array key "normal"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 112: Undefined array key "total"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Cabrillo College Linux Classes • View topic - Trouble - Rooting #4

Trouble - Rooting #4

UNIX/Linux Installation & Configuration

Trouble - Rooting #4

Postby Tim Childers on Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:17 pm

I need some help with Trouble rooting #4. Has anyone done this problem? I would like know what to look for to try to fix the trouble problem.

Help!
Tim Childers

Re: Trouble - Rooting #4

Postby Rich Simms on Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:36 pm

Compare your output with the startup sequence in Lesson 4. Use dmesg if it scrolls off your screen. What is NOT happening? Why?

This is a tough one so I'll give you one more hint .... this hint doesn't necessarily help you identify the problem but it will help you repair it. If for some reason you ever need to remount your root filesystem as read-write, use the following command:

mount -o remount,rw /dev/sda[color=#FF0000]?[/color] /

([color=#FF0000]?[/color] should indicate the partition number of your root file tree)
Rich Simms
Site Admin

Postby Tim Childers on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:05 am

Yes, I been looking at lesson 4. it nice to know that I have done all the right checking. I know it has something to with mounting.

I will continue checking. I want to solve this. Thanks for you help.
Tim Childers

Postby Tim Childers on Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:10 pm

In you slides there something missng, who and what file control the rooting right befor it get to init?
Tim Childers

Postby Rich Simms on Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:51 pm

All the initial messages are printed by the kernel. Slides 53 and 54 both show the last message from the kernel which is:

scsi0: Tagged Queuing now active for Target 0

Another hint: Use the ps command to see what is running. The first time you do a ps command you will get an error message and a suggestion on how to remedy. Apply the suggested remedy.

Issue [b]ps -e[/b] command, review the processes and ask yourself:

[color=#FF0000]What is not running? Why not? [/color]

Refer back to slides 53 or 54 for a comparison with a working system.

- Rich
Rich Simms
Site Admin

Postby Tim Childers on Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:17 pm

I found the issue. I was very suprise
Tim Childers

Return to CIS 191A - Fall 2008