[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 110: Undefined array key "cached"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 111: Undefined array key "normal"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 112: Undefined array key "total"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Cabrillo College Linux Classes • View topic - Do I need to redo all of lab 6 to do lab 7???

Do I need to redo all of lab 6 to do lab 7???

UNIX/Linux System Administration

Do I need to redo all of lab 6 to do lab 7???

Postby Hilde Bell on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:59 pm

I'm in the CTC and Benji has only one user and one group. Do I need to redo lab 6 to do lab 7? I'm supposed to move stuff around that right now, does not exist and log in as Gimli, who does not have an account.

This is a recursive listing of Benji's /home

[root@benji home]# ls -R
.:
cis191
Hilde
.......__o
.......\<,
....( )/ ( )
Hilde Bell

Re: Do I need to redo all of lab 6 to do lab 7???

Postby Hilde Bell on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:33 pm

A pair of follow-up questions that I just thought of:

Are all the Benji VM's the same? I don't think I'll have time to do both labs today, and I'm not sure about Tuesday. Should I start lab 6 and reset the snapshot to the way lab 6 ends? If so, should anyone else doing the labs at the Cabrillo labs do the same, that is, reset the snapshot to one with all the users configured?

Also, will this be a problem in the next lab? Is lab 8 going to start where lab 7 left off? If the VM's are reset, will I need to do labs 6 and 7 before being able to do lab 8?
Hilde
.......__o
.......\<,
....( )/ ( )
Hilde Bell

Postby Kayla Smith on Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:07 pm

I had the same problem, Hilde. I am redoing lab 6 at home.

Kayla
Kayla Smith

Postby Rich Simms on Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:53 am

You can complete Lab 7 without redoing all of Lab 6. Just create an account for Gimli so you can use his account to set some quotas on.

I recommend leaving the snapshot set to the "fresh" Benji. There will be a lot of inconsistencies introduced if the snapshots are set to random configurations on different lab systems.

I also have a tarball named lab06.tar on the little NAS server at \\172.30.4.12\depot. If you copy this tarball to root's bin directory on Benji and extract it (tar xvf lab06.tar) you will find a doLab06 and a undoLab06 script which automates doing and undoing Lab 6.

- Rich
Rich Simms
Site Admin

Postby Hilde Bell on Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:07 pm

Thanks Rich, that'll save me some time on Tuesday.

Will you have similar "quick-fixes" for other upcoming labs so that we can keep Benji pristine, but still be able to do any labs that require changes done in previous labs? If so, can you post them here or include them in the pdf itself?
Hilde
.......__o
.......\<,
....( )/ ( )
Hilde Bell

Postby Rich Simms on Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:04 pm

Yep ... I have one almost done for Lab 7 - Rich
Rich Simms
Site Admin

Postby marcromansky on Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:09 pm

Is this tarball available from home?

[quote="Rich Simms"]You can complete Lab 7 without redoing all of Lab 6. Just create an account for Gimli so you can use his account to set some quotas on.

I recommend leaving the snapshot set to the "fresh" Benji. There will be a lot of inconsistencies introduced if the snapshots are set to random configurations on different lab systems.

I also have a tarball named lab06.tar on the little NAS server at \\172.30.4.12\depot. If you copy this tarball to root's bin directory on Benji and extract it (tar xvf lab06.tar) you will find a doLab06 and a undoLab06 script which automates doing and undoing Lab 6.

- Rich[/quote]
marcromansky

Postby Rich Simms on Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:23 pm

OK, I put it on Opus as well in the following directory:

/home/cis191/depot/

- Rich
Rich Simms
Site Admin

Return to CIS 191B - Fall 2008