[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 110: Undefined array key "cached"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 111: Undefined array key "normal"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 112: Undefined array key "total"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Cabrillo College Linux Classes • View topic - working from New York

working from New York

UNIX/Linux System Administration

working from New York

Postby Leif Husman on Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:12 am

I'm running around like crazy trying to pack and my Lab 8 is half done. I am at the point where I can do the rest remotely, but I don't know how to do this.

Can I log into my home network from New York? How do I do this? I never understooid the answer last time this was discussed...

rK
Leif Husman

Re: working from New York

Postby Tim Childers on Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:40 am

You can use putty to login in from anywhere as long as you connected to a network. You will need the ip address or name of the machine you are trying to log onto.

If you trying to put your lab on to opus you can use filezilla and again you need ip address or name (opus.cabrillo.edu) of the machine you are trying to ftp too.
Tim Childers

Postby marcromansky on Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:46 pm

so essentially, the best way is to setup vmware on a system, then use the benji vmmachine on it to git'r done. then scp in to the opus mothership. If you need help, I have installed on XP and Vista and can provide an ftp site for you to down load benji. Let me know soon, cause benji is 4 gigs and that usually take some time to DL. sounds like sshing into some system w/ some ip address will get you what you need. Anyone have more details on that?

[quote="Leif Husman"]I'm running around like crazy trying to pack and my Lab 8 is half done. I am at the point where I can do the rest remotely, but I don't know how to do this.

Can I log into my home network from New York? How do I do this? I never understooid the answer last time this was discussed...

rK[/quote]
marcromansky

Postby keivn dodd on Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:09 pm

Does anyone know which port and protocol vmserver uses for loading VMs over the network?
keivn dodd

Postby marcromansky on Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:30 am

I am not sure I understand the question. What are you trying to do?

[quote="keivn dodd"]Does anyone know which port and protocol vmserver uses for loading VMs over the network?[/quote]
marcromansky

Return to CIS 191B - Fall 2008