[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 110: Undefined array key "cached"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 111: Undefined array key "normal"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 112: Undefined array key "total"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Cabrillo College Linux Classes • View topic - trouble hitting the quota during the final

trouble hitting the quota during the final

UNIX/Linux System Administration

trouble hitting the quota during the final

Postby marcromansky on Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:48 pm

There were a few of us that were having trouble using the shell script to generate files to excede the quotas set for the users during the final exam.

here is the command I was using:
> big; for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12; do du; cat filler >> big; done
No matter how many times I ran it, I would not exede the quota restriction for that directory.

so if you notice, the redirect to writes a file "big" the iterates 1 - 12 running du and appending it to "big"

then when I ran it again I rewrote big as an empty file "> big" and did the iterations again.

The thing to do was create the file, then run "for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12; do du; cat filler >> big; done" a couple time to append the file and make it bigger.

<sigh>
marcromansky

Return to CIS 191B - Fall 2008