[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 110: Undefined array key "cached"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 111: Undefined array key "normal"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 112: Undefined array key "total"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Cabrillo College Linux Classes • View topic - Thanks to Rich Simms

Thanks to Rich Simms

Introduction to UNIX/Linux

Thanks to Rich Simms

Postby Douglas Kittle on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:13 pm

I just wanted to say that cis90 was an excellent class,
and to thank Mr Simms for teaching us. He did a really
wonderful job and I appreciate it very much.

-Doug
Douglas Kittle

Re: Thanks to Rich Simms

Postby george bales on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:06 pm

i agree. nice post.
george bales

Postby Gabriel_Pantoja on Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:43 pm

Yes he is a nice person!! :D :D :D
Gabriel_Pantoja

Postby Junious Ross on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:02 pm

Yes, I learned so much in this class, i will never go back to windows.
Thank You!!!

3 cheers for Mr. Simms
[img]http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/1579/smileyfirefox.gif[/img]
Junious Ross

Postby janet tuma on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:46 pm

This was the most mind stretching work intensive class I've ever had :shock: (and I confess I've had a lot), but it was also one of the most fun classes ever :D Now I only took this class to give Will a ride and not be bored waiting for him, what a treat it turned out to be even if I don't know what DOS is :lol: So now I head back to the medical classes...but I think I'll be tinkering in computer classes too; maybe get a better view of all the lingo everybody else seems familiar with via CS1, CS1L, and Cis 172 as George B. suggested. And not that this is a mom thing or anything :? but Will simply could not have asked for a better first college instructor than Rich, period! When he gets those mean ones :evil: in the future he'll always know the good guys are out there ;) Thanks Rich! tumajan
janet tuma

Postby Lieven Mambulu on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:21 am

Oh yeah ... that's a great post... definitely thank you Rich for letting us become unix gurus.. it has been a pleasure to be part of the class and most importantly to be able to learn the ins and outs of the unix language. No more fear of cd ls mkdir touch cp mv rm cat less more head > >> < << | tee grep type who and vi. Thank you very much it was a wonderful experience!

Does this mean that everyone who agrees with the current subject get an A in the class???

:D :D :D :D
Lieven Mambulu

Postby Patrick Casey on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:53 am

:D
Thanks Rich...
Very good communication of expectations ... even if I did put everything off to the very last second. Thank goodness the Opus time is about an hour off!! :?
Great slides and presentations
+++
Highly recommend you to all geek students. :ugeek:

Have a nice Summer :mrgreen:
Patrick Casey

Postby joe_prager on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:39 pm

Thanks Rich !!, You Defiantly opened my eyes to Cabrillo, I will defiantly be continue with my educational path thru this school :)
joe_prager

Postby Linda_Donohue on Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:24 am

Hello Rich,

You are an outstanding professor and I appreciate the privilege of being in your class. I will definitely miss your crystal clear and well planned lectures. Your gentle patience in this course has been so helpful. The foreign nature of this subject lends itself to inducing panic in students. You have created an environment where it feels safe to be confused and know that things will make sense in time.

Thank you,

Linda Donohue
Linda_Donohue

Postby Rich Simms on Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Thank you for all the kind words! I really appreciate having such wonderful students in my classes. It has really made my brief exposure to the teaching world very enjoyable and rewarding. Good luck to all of you and I hope to see you again in the future!

- Rich
Rich Simms
Site Admin

Return to CIS 90 - Spring 2009