[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 110: Undefined array key "cached"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 111: Undefined array key "normal"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 112: Undefined array key "total"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Cabrillo College Linux Classes • View topic - Final prep, routes, and tracking FTP

Final prep, routes, and tracking FTP

UNIX/Linux Network Administration

Final prep, routes, and tracking FTP

Postby Rich Simms on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:04 am

I made some minor changes to the CIS 192 Final document to clarify some of the tasks. If you printed out the earlier version you may wish to get a new copy. I'll bring hard copies tonight as well.

I noticed some problematic routing issues when grading Lab X1. These could come back to haunt you when doing Task 1 tonight. I added three new slides to Lesson 15 (37-39) to graphically depict the use of default and static routes for the topology we will build tonight. Use default routes to flow traffic out to the Internet. Use static routes (sparingly) to direct traffic back to the private networks as needed.

For Task 6 (FTP) I added a new slide 22 to Lesson 14 that illustrates how to add an iptables module to track related ftp connections. This is needed so your firewall on Jin will accept passive connections.

Good luck tonight!
Rich Simms
Site Admin

Re: Final prep, routes, and tracking FTP

Postby Kayla Smith on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:12 pm

In my pre-exam panic, can someone remind me the syntax for permanent static routes? (both in cent-OS and Ubuntu)?
Kayla Smith

Re: Final prep, routes, and tracking FTP

Postby Douglas Kittle on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:15 pm

Thanks for the updates Rich, will download presently...
Douglas Kittle

Return to CIS 192 - Spring 2009