[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 110: Undefined array key "cached"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 111: Undefined array key "normal"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 112: Undefined array key "total"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Cabrillo College Linux Classes • View topic - Lab assistance and due dates

Lab assistance and due dates

UNIX/Linux Network Administration

Lab assistance and due dates

Postby Rich Simms on Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:25 am

I'll planning right now to be in the CIS Lab (room 2504) every Monday from 3-6.

I'll also be available (lab/office hours) for the two hour period (Tue, 3:30-5:30) right before the CIS 192 class and the two hour period (Wed, 11-1) before the CIS 90 class.

Nore: Next Monday is a holiday so the lab will be closed.

If you would like some help with Lab 1, I will be in the Lab [color=#FF0000]TODAY[/color] after the CIS 90 class gets out (at 4:00). I can stay till 6-7 if there are students who would like some help getting started on the first lab.

For the students who haven't been in my classes before please note that [color=#FF0000]Lab 1 is due by midnight of our next class meeting (2/17)[/color]. The due dates for everything are always shown on the Calendar web page.
Rich Simms
Site Admin

Re: Lab assistance and due dates

Postby Douglas Kittle on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:54 pm

I will come on mondays for cis192 labs

-Doug
Douglas Kittle

Postby Edgar Ortega on Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:37 pm

I'm trying to download, Fedora from the link on your home page, but it wont let me, it says the torrent was not found, also, I can't download VMware, any ideas?
Edgar Ortega

Postby Kyle Rudnick on Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:34 am

[quote="Edgar Ortega"]I'm trying to download, Fedora from the link on your home page, but it wont let me, it says the torrent was not found, also, I can't download VMware, any ideas?[/quote]

Edgar,

Try downloading the Fedora install image from the link seen here: http://i42.tinypic.com/2hy9u76.jpg (seen on http://iso.linuxquestions.org/fedora/fedora-9/#dvd_x86)

As for the VMware Server download, http://www.vmware.com/freedownload/logi ... t=server20 should work. Are you getting any error messages?
Kyle Rudnick

Postby Kyle Rudnick on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:42 pm

Some may be having the same issue I ran into:

I've just finished installing VMware Server 1.08 on a fresh installation of Windows 7, and Vista users may encounter the same problem I had to deal with during the install. When the Server installation exe is launched, a few steps into the set-up it will complain that "IIS" (Microsoft's Internet Information Services) isn't configured and the installation cannot continue.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr ... 70525.aspx explains how to enable the services.
This fixed the problem for me, so this may help Vista users having the same issue.

Let me know if this helps.
Kyle Rudnick

Postby Douglas Kittle on Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:45 pm

Good stuff Kyle,

Enabling IIS has VMware running on my HP dv9810 2GHz AMD TL60 160g 3g Vista laptop,
and there is Frodo and Celebrian! very cool. Now to find some more dongles to get the rest.

Thanks,
-Doug
Douglas Kittle

Postby Edgar Ortega on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:24 am

Thanks Kyle,
that stuff helped out with the VMware, and I decided to download Ubuntu not fedora, I had no problem installing VMware but I can't get Ubuntu up and running, I downloaded it as an .rar which I unzipped with 7-zip, however I don't see a .exe file inside the unzipped folder, any ideas anyone?
Edgar Ortega

Postby Kyle Rudnick on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:21 pm

[quote="Edgar Ortega"]
I downloaded it as an .rar which I unzipped with 7-zip, however I don't see a .exe file inside the unzipped folder, any ideas anyone?
[/quote]

What kind of files are in the unzipped folder? I would expect that it contains a '.iso' file. If it does, create a new VM inside of VMware server as a new installation. When it asks for an installation disk (or image of installation disk), you can point it to that '.iso'.
Kyle Rudnick

Return to CIS 192 - Spring 2009