[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 110: Undefined array key "cached"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 111: Undefined array key "normal"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 112: Undefined array key "total"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Cabrillo College Linux Classes • View topic - VMware Server 2.0.1 is pretty cool.

VMware Server 2.0.1 is pretty cool.

UNIX/Linux Network Administration

VMware Server 2.0.1 is pretty cool.

Postby Jonathan Simms on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:36 am

So, I installed VMware Server 2.0.1 and even though it took some elbow grease to get it working, it's pretty awesome. I have it installed and running on my desktop and I was able to remotely access VMware from my laptop through a browser. That's pretty cool in my book.
Jonathan Simms

Re: VMware Server 2.0.1 is pretty cool.

Postby Rich Simms on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:53 am

How did it go with the consoles? Was elbow grease needed for the VM consoles to display properly?
Rich Simms
Site Admin

Postby Jonathan Simms on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:16 pm

Hi Rich,

The interface appears to be little flaky and it doesn't feel as robust as earlier releases but this might be a mental block on my part. The elbow grease was getting it to install on Linux running kernel 2.6.29.1, I was eventually able to get some hacked source modules and then that worked. Next up was pam.d, which VMWare Server requires, so I had to struggle getting authentication to work, but eventually that worked as well. Still having the occasional hiccup here and there and while it's does have some pretty cool features and some extra new stuff to explore I wonder if upgrading was the wisest choice.

I do kind of like the consoles, they make it a little easier to manage.
Jonathan Simms

Postby danielberm on Tue May 05, 2009 1:49 pm

I actually met the women who was the product manager for the VMWare web interface management console. She was saying that they plan to move into the Flash/Flex world with the next interface upgrade.

--Daniel
danielberm

Return to CIS 192 - Spring 2009