[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 110: Undefined array key "cached"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 111: Undefined array key "normal"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 112: Undefined array key "total"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Cabrillo College Linux Classes • View topic - I had to add "noauth" to /etc/ppp/options to complete Lab X2

I had to add "noauth" to /etc/ppp/options to complete Lab X2

UNIX/Linux Network Administration

I had to add "noauth" to /etc/ppp/options to complete Lab X2

Postby Tyler Bahn on Mon May 18, 2009 8:20 pm

Hi all,
While doing Lab X2 I was not able to get pppd to talk to sauron.
I was seeing the following when using minicom to log into arwen as guest (well very similar, I copied this from the forum I link to below):
Nov 6 21:42:25 debian pppd[2175]: The remote system is required to authenticate itself
Nov 6 21:42:25 debian pppd[2175]: but I couldn't find any suitable secret (password) for it to use to do so.
Nov 6 21:42:25 debian pppd[2175]: (None of the available passwords would let it use an IP address.)

So I dug around on the internet and found a solution here:
http://www.justlinux.com/forum/showthread.php?p=397397

They basically say to add noauth to your server's /etc/ppp/options file (in this case our server is arwen).
I tried it and was instantly able to connect via ppp.

Thanks again google.

-Tyler
Tyler Bahn

Re: I had to add "noauth" to /etc/ppp/options to complete Lab X2

Postby Rich Simms on Tue May 19, 2009 6:23 am

Looks like the authentication for the user ppp is failing. I'd double check the passwd you assigned the ppp account on Arwen matches the password in your ppp-on script on Sauron.

- Rich
Rich Simms
Site Admin

Re: I had to add "noauth" to /etc/ppp/options to complete Lab X2

Postby Tyler Bahn on Sat May 23, 2009 2:59 pm

I think you're right, i may have used our typical password instead of secret.
Tyler Bahn

Return to CIS 192 - Spring 2009