[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 110: Undefined array key "cached"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 111: Undefined array key "normal"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 112: Undefined array key "total"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Cabrillo College Linux Classes • View topic - Thanks to Rich Simms

Thanks to Rich Simms

UNIX/Linux Network Administration

Thanks to Rich Simms

Postby Douglas Kittle on Tue May 26, 2009 6:11 pm

I just wanted to post my appreciation for the CIS 192 class,
really learned so much - and the excellent job Rich did teaching.

-Doug
Douglas Kittle

Re: Thanks to Rich Simms

Postby danielberm on Wed May 27, 2009 11:21 am

Ditto. The course has been great for a broad overview to system administration. It's amazing that we can link together such complex network configurations on our PC's . The course was definitely pertinent to many of the common tasks people perform as system administrators.

Working at home was difficult in my network configuration and OS (Mac) . I'll write another post that lists out the process and issues I ran into when attempting to run the labs on a Mac computer.
danielberm

Postby Kayla Smith on Wed May 27, 2009 2:13 pm

Thank you, Rich

I learned so much, and I expect to be referencing the course materials again and again as I make my way through the linuxverse.

Kayla
Kayla Smith

Postby Jonathan Simms on Thu May 28, 2009 5:27 pm

Rich another great semester. Thank you!
Jonathan Simms

Postby fred_deakin on Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:18 pm

Thanks Rich.

This is a good thread. In both classes I've had with Rich, I've found him to be generous with his time and extra credit.
fred_deakin

Postby Kyle Rudnick on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:11 pm

Didn't know I could have this much fun taking classes :)
Kyle Rudnick

Postby Greg Earthman on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:35 am

Rich deserves a tremendous amount of credit for the time that he spent in preparing the slides and labs for this class. The slides were very relevant to the projects that we did for the labs, and have been a good exposure to administering network services in Linux. They also were very good reference material for the project we just did for the final and will be very useful reference material for future work in the Linux field.

Thank you Rich....

Greg
Greg Earthman

Postby Rich Simms on Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:40 pm

Thank you for all the kind words! I really appreciate having such wonderful students in my classes. It has really made my brief exposure to the teaching world very enjoyable and rewarding. Good luck to all of you and I hope to see you again in the future!

- Rich
Rich Simms
Site Admin

Return to CIS 192 - Spring 2009