[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 110: Undefined array key "cached"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 111: Undefined array key "normal"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 112: Undefined array key "total"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Cabrillo College Linux Classes • View topic - Spell command

Spell command

Introduction to UNIX/Linux

Spell command

Postby Marcos Valdebenito on Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:48 pm

Hi all
I got stuck in the "Spell" section...in question 2 after enter the command "spell sonnet* | wc -l" I got 63 mispelling words but in the second part of the question "what if you wanted to see these misspelled words? I can't figure out how what command I have to type in order to see these words...any suggestions?
Marcos Valdebenito

Re: Spell command

Postby Michael Wicherski on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:06 pm

the question being asked there in that spot is confusing because you don't know whether you have to do something there or not, but the question is just there to make you think; so you don't have to do anything with it at this point ->

if you scroll down the lab to the "tee command" section it tells you how to do it

[quote]2. Now let's use the tee command to get a sorted list of the misspelled words in all of Shakespeare's sonnets and count how many there are all at the same time. We'll use the tee command to collect the intermediary results:
spell poems/Shakespeare/son* | sort | tee words | wc -l
Display the file words to see all the misspelled words. [/quote]
Michael Wicherski

Postby Marcos Valdebenito on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:48 pm

Thanks Michael
Marcos Valdebenito

Postby Michael Wicherski on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:47 am

no problem :mrgreen:
Michael Wicherski

Postby alexa bolas on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:15 pm

Yeah thanks..I had the same question. It is a little clearer for me.
alexa bolas

Postby sergio ybarra on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:14 pm

you can see the words by using tee while it writes the file of misspelled words. or view the file created with less cmd.
sergio ybarra

Return to CIS 90 - Fall 2008