[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 110: Undefined array key "cached"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 111: Undefined array key "normal"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 112: Undefined array key "total"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Cabrillo College Linux Classes • View topic - app stuck

app stuck

Introduction to UNIX/Linux

app stuck

Postby Marcos Valdebenito on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:23 am

Hi there
I've been running the "app" command and as expected I got stuck...when I open a new terminal how and when should I kill the terminal that is running the "app". I have tried in differents ways and the second terminal get also stuck after running the "app" command....
Marcos Valdebenito

Re: app stuck

Postby ollie wright on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:36 am

I started an entirely new putty session and killed app in the new session. I had 2 putty sessions going at one time. After killing app, I exited the 2nd session.
ollie wright

Postby Marcos Valdebenito on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:35 pm

Hi Ollie
But how did U kill it? just exiting? or there is another trick for it?
Marcos Valdebenito

Postby Marcos Valdebenito on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:37 pm

oooh...I kinda figure it out...I entered "kill" and the PID in the new terminal...
Marcos Valdebenito

Postby Michael Wicherski on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:46 pm

yea you should open a second terminal and type

ps -ef | grep $LOGNAME

which would list all the processes on the system and then only print out the ones that belong to you

now you need to find the PID of the process you want to kill (note, pid is the 4th column from the left since the grep will remove the column headings); make sure you pay attention to your terminal as well (you can check which one you are on by typing tty)

and type kill PID
where pid is a number

and this will kill the app process on your other terminal that is "frozen"
Michael Wicherski

Return to CIS 90 - Fall 2008