[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 110: Undefined array key "cached"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 111: Undefined array key "normal"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 112: Undefined array key "total"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Cabrillo College Linux Classes • View topic - Many incorrect Lab08 submittals

Many incorrect Lab08 submittals

Introduction to UNIX/Linux

Many incorrect Lab08 submittals

Postby Rich Simms on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:27 am

I'm starting to grade the Lab08 submittals that were turned in. Note, it is not due till tonight because of the unannounced Opus shutdown on Tuesday.

There is not much to grade really. I'm mostly looking for a file named bigshell that contains a [color=#FF0000]single[/color] line of [color=#FF0000]ps -l[/color] output indicating the [color=#FF0000]largest[/color] shell of the three you were running from step 1.

Almost half of the submittals I've looked at either:

- do not include any bigshell contents
- do not include output from ps command using the -l option
- did not choose the largest shell
- have more than one ps -l output line submitted

Take advantage of the deadline extension and recheck your lab08 file is correct.

You don't have to submit at 11:59 you can use something like "now + 2 minutes" so you can verify your submittal.

- Rich
Rich Simms
Site Admin

Re: Many incorrect Lab08 submittals

Postby Michael Wicherski on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:27 pm

:? it also needs the output of files.out before the ps line right?
Michael Wicherski

Postby bobbi whitfield on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:32 pm

well i re-did my lab. i corrected the mistake, but now i'm paranoid that i didn't submit it right. how do i check?
bobbi whitfield

Postby Lyle Bergerson on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:37 pm

Thanks Rich.

Quick question:

I used "at 4:16pm" to schedule this job and noticed (using atq) that the job is set to kickoff tomorrow (11/14/08). When I use "now + 2 minutes" the job is scheduled to start today (11/13/08). I was sure that the time that I was to schedule the job to run had not yet passed. Is there a reason it wants to run this job tomorrow? Am I looking at this right?
Lyle Bergerson

Postby bobbi whitfield on Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:07 pm

same thing for me, i set it to submit at 3:35, but i see that it is set for tomorrow. i re-did it again for two minutes. hopefully everything works out. :(
bobbi whitfield

Postby Rich Simms on Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:04 pm

Couple of answers to the questions I'm seeing here ...
[list]
[*]yes, you still need to submit both the contents of files.out and bigshell. (I was seeing the problems in bigshell, files.out was looking fine) Make sure the file you submit has both outputs.[/*:m]
[*]I think it might be that Opus is still on daylight savings time that is causing the at timing issue. I will change it to PST.[/*:m]
[*]You can check you submittals safe arrival with [b]ls -l /home/rsimms/cis90[/b]. It won't stay there long as I move them to another folder.[/*:m]
[*]Make sure to use the -l option on the ps command (showing size and name of the shell) output you send me.[/*:m][/list:u]

- Rich
Rich Simms
Site Admin

Postby Michael Wicherski on Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:54 pm

you can also use the cat command to print out the contents of your file and see exactly what rich will see ~.^
Michael Wicherski

Return to CIS 90 - Fall 2008