[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 110: Undefined array key "cached"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 111: Undefined array key "normal"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 112: Undefined array key "total"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Cabrillo College Linux Classes • View topic - Flash cards

Flash cards

Introduction to UNIX/Linux

Flash cards

Postby Marcos Valdebenito on Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:38 pm

Hi all
Which lessons in the Flash Cards are the ones that we need to study for the next test? 1 to 9 or 6 to 9 only?
Marcos Valdebenito

Re: Flash cards

Postby Rich Simms on Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:18 pm

Hi Marcos, study 6-8 for the Flashcard portion of the test. Review Lessons 6-8 and Labs 5-7 for the operational questions on the test.

Here are two sample operational questions:

1) If the contents of the file [i]shows[/i] is:

House
Office
Heroes
ER

What is the result of doing the following command?
[code]sort shows > shows[/code]

2) From the output below, what kind of linkage exists between the files [i]eyes[/i] and [i]ojos[/i]?
[code][rsimms@opus fun]$ ls –li
total 8
46881 lrwxrwxrwx 2 rsimms users 14 Oct 31 19:15 eyes -> /usr/bin/xeyes
46881 lrwxrwxrwx 2 rsimms users 14 Oct 31 19:15 ojos -> /usr/bin/xeyes
[rsimms@opus fun]$[/code]

- Rich
Rich Simms
Site Admin

Postby Marcos Valdebenito on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:35 pm

Rich
Can we bring a copy of the lessons for the test tomorrow?
Marcos Valdebenito

Postby Michael Wicherski on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:25 am

can bring your book i think?

open book and crib sheet right?

not sure about his lecture slides
Michael Wicherski

Postby Rich Simms on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:08 am

I see I may have opened a can of worms by allowing both the text book and crib sheet. It makes the test almost "open book" but not quite as I have put a lot of the key information in the powerpoint slides.

The idea behind a crib sheet is that you end up with a nice summary of Linux commands that you can use in the future when you are working on a Linux systems. You actually learn the material better by summarizing it into a concise format.

So for this test I'm going to tweak the formula a little and let you use both the PowerPoint slides and the textbook. You can print out and bring any of the Lesson slides. To save paper you can also download the powerpoints to your laptop during the test. This saves paper and you can then use Powerpoints search capability.

- Rich
Rich Simms
Site Admin

Postby alexa bolas on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:48 pm

Thanks Rich.
alexa bolas

Postby Michael Wicherski on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:38 pm

Is there going to be a giant watermark smiley on the exam? :lol:
Michael Wicherski

Return to CIS 90 - Fall 2008